Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
I decided to pick the Top Ten Bookish Resolutions for the rewind topic today. So far, I haven’t made a dent with this list… figures 🙂
- Reach my reading goal of 60 books. Last year, I was 7 books shy of making my goal. All of those books were on my currently reading list and I loathe the fact that I wasn’t able to read anything in December. Check out my 2013 year in [Book] Review.
- Read books written by Filipino authors. I am Filipino and I am personally disappointed by myself because I have not read any book/short story/poem written by a Filipino since I finished my Philippine Lit class back in 2006.
- Listen to an audio book. I started listening to one early last year and I was not successful at all. I find that my mind wanders while listening and that’s not really helping my cause at all.
- Read more new-to-me authors. I have tried new authors last year and I am pleased to say that some have become one-clicks for me!
- Review all books that I have read. That means being up to date with my Netgalley and Edelweiss accounts.
- Recommend more books to others. Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of people in my circle that love the genre that I read but I have started recommending a few to people at work so we’ll see.
- Get a notebook and jot down favorite quotes and thoughts while reading. This one is a toughie since I started reading almost exclusively on digital AT night.
- Read the paperbacks that I bought last year. These are some of the books that I love and have a copy of in the Philippines that I either lost or did not bring with me when I moved to So Cal. I found them on Amazon and I have them lined up in my TBR pile. I heart Amazon.
- Connect with other like minded book bloggers. Because my friends don’t read the same stuff that I do, I want to interact with other bloggers who share my passion.
- Join NaNoWriMo. This one gives me the heebie-jeebies.
Do you have any bookish goals? Do we share the same goals?
Chrissi Reads says
Brilliant list. I made some bookish resolutions a while back. I'm hoping to make a dent in them… eventually. I also want to try an audiobook. Not so sure I'll like it though.
Chrissi Reads recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday REWIND: Childhood favourites
Oh my mind wanders when I listen to audio books but I really want to finish at least one! 🙂
I really need to start connecting and talking more with other bloggers. It's scary though! And YES do NaNoWriMo. I'm a huge advocate for it, and also an ML for my region so it makes me happy when people express interest. It's tons of fun.
Shelly recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday REWIND!!!!!
I haven't listened to any audiobooks but I figure I should try it at least once. And don't even get me started on reviewing all the books I read…I think I read more than I care to review, or I'm so busy with book tours that I don't review the books I read for enjoyment. Great list!
My Top Ten Tuesday
Nette recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday Rewind
Cora @ Tea Party Pri says
Love your list 🙂
I'm hit and miss when it comes to audio books, but I've listened to some awesome ones.
Cora @ Tea Party Pri recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #4
This is a nice list! For your #3–I only recently started listening to audiobooks, and my mind did wander at first. It is a different experience than reading a book traditionally, and the quality of the narrator makes a HUGE difference! But now that I'm more in the habit I really enjoy audiobooks as another way to experience books. Give it another try!
bookmammal recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday REWIND–Take A Peek At My TBR Pile
Mary @ Reading & says
I'm right there with you on NaNoWriMo– this year I have no excuse not to participate but I am terrified!!
Mary @ Reading & recently posted…TTT: Baby Names from Literature
Great list. Number 3 is on my to-do list as well. Total audio book virgin as well.
BookCupid recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Best Picture
I actually started listening to 2 audio books but have never finished them.. LOL thanks for dropping by 🙂
Reviews from a Bookw says
Great pick. I love setting resolutions for myself… although I do struggle to actually do them all. I hope you manage all of yours, good luck! Nice list 🙂 My TTT.
Reviews from a Bookw recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Just HAD To Buy But Still Haven’t Read
I love your resolutions! I also had a resolution to read an audiobook. I started with something short – Animal Farm. I quite liked it, but I find it's really hard for me (I actually wrote a whole post about it). I don't really have a long commute and I don't gym, I do trail runs. So neither of those are really conducive to listening to audiobooks. I hope that once I enter the working world I will have a better routine that enables more audiobooking.
Do you have any good Filipino lit to recommend? I am not sure that I've ever read any.
P.S. I also struggle with writing down quotes. Sometimes it just feels like it interrupts my reading!
BarefootMedStudent recently posted…Top Ten (Rewind) Favourite Quotes
I haven't really read anything new lately. I've read Bob Ong and Jessica Zafra but they are not fiction. This is a link that one of the Filipino bloggers are compiling for Filipino authors: http://mybookmusings.blogspot.com/p/filipino-auth… you can check it out if you want.. 🙂 happy reading!