Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
I ❤ being a reader and I have been reading since I was child. As a matter of fact, I was told that I would not sleep if no one would read me a bedtime story. I still don’t sleep without reading at least a few pages.
I ❤ Reading because…
- I get to travel to the moon and back. Yes, I have been to different places, times, and even other planets just because of reading. My latest trip was aboard the Icarus in These Broken Stars.
- I get to meet different characters. Oh, and even interact with different species, beasts and (gasp!) even royalty!
- I get to relive my childhood. I love reading children’s books. There is a special charm to this genre that always draws me. I am never too old for fairy tales.
- I get to escape. I love that I am able to leave all my problems behind even for just a moment. It would be just me in my own little world. After a good book, any problem doesn’t seem to hard to handle.
- I get to dream. My imagination goes to overdrive when reading amazing things.
I ❤ Blogging because…
- I get to hobnob with my favorite authors. I love that I am a part of their Street Teams and I get to interact with them on a personal level. It brings reading to a whole other level.
- I am able to share my thoughts. Let’s just say that taking nee arguing the merits about a really good book is on the top of my list.
- I get to exercise my creative juices. Admit it, writing a review (no matter how horrid the book) is not that simple!
- I have variety. I get to read more books in different genres written by a lot of authors.
- I meet other bibliophiles. That would be you reading this post! LOL
So, why do you love reading or blogging?
Chrissi Reads says
Great list! I agree with many of your reasons for loving blogging/reading. The book blogging community is fantastic and I've got so many brilliant book recommendations from my fellow bloggers. I love that.
Chrissi Reads recently posted…Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader
That is so true! I would have never ventured in the YA genre if not for blogging. 🙂
Great list! I especially like to talk to authors and gush to them over their books and characters. It's even better when they respond lol
My Top Ten Tuesday
Nette recently posted…Review: Enticing Interlude by Michelle Mankin Teaser + Giveaway
I get excited too! I have a few books/cards sent to me by a couple of fave authors…just made my day! 🙂
Mary @ Reading & says
Ooh I love interacting with authors– great addition! Now I'm wishing I'd read some of these TTTs before I made mine!
Mary @ Reading & recently posted…TTT: Reasons I love going to graduate school for children’s and young adult literature
I am even psyched when they respond! or better yet, give you a free personally signed book, card, or something to show their appreciation.. 🙂
Reviews from a Bookw says
I love your list! I really enjoyed exploring space aboard the Icarus too 😉 Great picks 🙂 My TTT.
Reviews from a Bookw recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Why I Love Being A Reader & A Book Blogger
I just finished reading the book and I can't wait for the next one!
Thanks for stopping by!
Hi! What is an Author Street Team? Gail
Gail recently posted…Contentment is one of the ingredients of happiness…
It's basically a promo team for the author. Members are offered perks for promoting the authors books, new release, etc. It's an awesome way to help spread the word for your favorite authors.
Teresa Mary Rose says
Love your list! You really do get to go so many different places while reading… also THESE BROKEN STARS!
Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives
Teresa Mary Rose recently posted…Cover Reveal: Nowhere But Here by: Renee Carlino