Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Happy Tuesday, Bookworms! And you know what happens on Tuesdays, right? It’s Top Ten Tuesday! I decided to share Historical Romance books that would be perfect for summer reading. I’ve been pretty lax with my HR reading, so this summer, I am proposing to read more HR books!
These are the books that I will be reading this summer!
- Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn – One of my favorite tropes is the love-hate relationship and this book sounds absolutely interesting. Plus, it’s Julia Quinn and it’s the Bridgerton’s! I have a feeling that this book will keep me chuckling until the end!
- Marrying Mr. Winterbourne by Lisa Kleypas – After the teaser in Cold-Hearted Rake, I can just imagine the tension between these two! This is going to be a very GOOD summer read, I can tell! I ordered my copy already (did you know that it is in HARDBACK?!).
- The Highlander by Kerrigan Byrne – After reading The Hunter, I was really intrigued by the series. I read The Highwayman and also loved it! The plot: governess travels to Scotland to care for the Laird’s children. OHHHH I know sparks will definitely fly here!
- Good Dukes Wear Black by Manda Collins – I received an egalley for this book a few months back and I still haven’t read it. So, I’m adding this to my current summer HR TBR.
- The Summer Bride by Anne Gracie – A rich Irishman and a dressmaker? Sign me up! One of the tropes I absolutely adore is love between the classes, BUT this one is love WITHIN the classes, but they are still separated by circumstance!
If you aren’t a historical romance reader (and even if you are), here are a few books that you just have to read!
- Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas – The first book in LK’s newest historical is just adorable! I absolutely fell in love with it!
- Lady Bridget’s Diary by Maya Rodale – A retelling of Bridget Jones’ Diary, this book is super sweet and funny. Plus, there is this bit about CAKE! And DARCY!
- The Hunter by Kerrigan Byrne – Want a good ugly cry? THIS book had me bawling while reading the prologue alone!
- Four Nights with a Duke by Eloisa James – Mia was broken hearted when she was outed as someone who was in love with the Duke of Pindar – she was 12 (not precisely sure about the age, but she was young). Years later, she HAS to ask for help from him and they start to fall in love! SPARKS fly and their love story is JUST!
- How to Woo a Reluctant Lady by Sabrina Jeffries – One of my favorite Sabrina Jeffries reads! Again this tells the story of a lady who fell in love with her brother’s best friend….and was heartbroken! AHHHH the feels!
Do you read historical romance? Do you have any good recs for this summer?
I burned out on historicals several years ago, but if any were going to drag me back it would be the one by Lisa Kleypas. I really enjoyed all her historicals (her contemporaries not so much), especially her Wallflowers series.
Awww The Wallflowers series is one of my faves. I also didn’t follow her when she went into contemporaries because it’s really not a genre that I read as much… 🙂
Definitely give her newest historical a try!
Alyssa Susanna (The Eater of Books!) says
OMG! I loved the Bridgerton book, and Cold-Hearted Rake and Lady’s Bridget’s Diary. LBD is definitely my favorite of the three. I wasn’t a *huge* fan of the next book in that series, Chasing Lady Amelia, but it was okay. I need to read Marrying Winterborne! I’m torn about that one, but I definitely will read it in the future. So many great HR novels!
May I recommend a fantasy romance (if you have not already read it) – A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet? SUPER good! =)
Great post, Zeee!
Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!
Alyssa Susanna (The Eater of Books!) recently posted…Swoon Thursday (#176): Hell Breaks Loose by Sophie Jordan
I just finished Marrying Mr. Winterbourne, and I AM IN LOVE! Lisa Kleypas really knows how to write her heroes! I know it’s a little iffy because of what Mr. Winterbourne did in Cold-Hearted Rake BUT he totally redeems himself this time!
Chasing Lady Amelia was a DNF so I really don’t care about it at this point. But I still can’t wait to read the next book!
I’ll check out that book Alyssa! I think I read your review on your blog and I was (and still am!) intrigued.
Cyn @ Book Munchies says
Yay, HR for summertime!! I’m dying to get my hands on The Spring Bride! And I seriously love all those authors so much! The only I haven’t gotten into is Eloise James ): I’ve tried a few of her books but never got into it. But Four Nights with the Duke does sound awesome, maybe it can be a turning point for me!
Fabulous list, Zeee!
Cyn @ Book Munchies recently posted…Review: Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
Eloisa James is also a hit and miss for me Cyn. But I really loved Four Nights with the Duke… the others, not so much.. you can try it and see how you love it! 🙂