Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Happy Tuesday everyone! I was drafting this post at the LAST minute again, but was too exhausted last night to even finish it! I’m just glad that I was able to make this list in time! Yay!
And yes, I AM POSTING THIS REALLY LATE BECAUSE IT’S LATE AND I’M EXHAUSTED AND I’M TRYING TO PLAY CATCH UP!
I’ve been reading more YA books lately, but I don’t really talk about it as much as I should. So YES! These are 5 books that I wish I talk more about on Twitter, on my blog, or even in person!
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury – I just finished reading this book and it’s just amazing! I have yet to review this book BUT OMG! Plus, it’s a STANDALONE!
- Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza – This was a unique read last year about a teenaged android on the run from the government. There was a teeny bit of romance, too! PLUS FEMALE ANDROID WITH FEELINGS!
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – This was the book that made me fall back in love with YA again! A spoiled little rich girl and a decorated captain stranded in an “abandoned” planet?! With “aliens!”
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski – I binge read The Winner’s Cure and The Winner’s Crime this year and this struck a chord in me. There is no review yet, which will be dealt with soon, I promise!
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore – OMG THIS BOOK! I know this is a fan favorite but I HAVEN’T REALLY TALKED ABOUT THIS BOOK! This is a neat standalone and the first book that I read about female assassins!!!
Because I absolutely love historical romance, I am also sharing books that I don’t talk about as much as I want to. WHY IS THIS SO?!
- A Rogue By Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean – If you haven’t read this book yet by Sarah MacLean, GO AND READ IT!! This is such an amazing read about redemption and love and vengeance of course!
- Earls Just Want to Have Fun by Shana Galen – A Pygmalion type of tale that will definitely pull at your heartstrings!
- Lions and Lace by Meagan McKinney – This was the first book that I read about 1900s New York and this book remain ONE OF MY FAVORITES! Plus, poor little rich girl and rich self-made man is one of my favorite tropes!
- Secret Ways by Kat Martin – This book by Kat Martin introduced me to Regency Romance! I used to read Bodice Rippers which I used to enjoy. Plus, the heroine’s name is Vermillion!
- A Battle for Love by Cynthia Wright – This was one of the books that I read that I just can’t get out of my head! This is obvs about a battle of love (hehehe) and disguises and pretending to be someone you’re not and falling in love! Plus, did I mention part of this book takes place in PARIS? Castle Fontainbleu people!
What books have you added to today’s’ list? Any book I should know about? Have you read any of the books listed above? Share your thoughts below!
I tried These Broken Stars and Mila, but I guess I picked them up at a wrong time, cause I couldn’t really get into them. I started Graceling, too, but put it down because I got distracted by other books. I was enjoying it though! I just recently got The Winner’s Curse and Forbidden Wish sounds so interesting. Great post, thanks!! 🙂
I think the time and mood does affect our reading. I’m just so happy that I picked up These Broken Stars at the right time because this book is the reason why I fell in love with YA again!
Def read The Forbidden Wish since it’s a standalone! Would want to have more books in this world, though!
darcy @ darcy's bookish blog says
The Forbidden Wish and These Broken Stars are on my TBR, and I can’t wait to get them out of the library! I haven’t read historical romance in a while, and Earls Just Want to Have Fun and A Rogue By Any Other Name look intriguing, so I’ll definitely going to try those out!
darcy @ darcy’s bookish blog recently posted…Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman // Bland with a Pinch of Slut-shaming
Yay! Let me know what you think once you’ve read the books! 🙂
BTW I absolutely adore Aladdin and Zahra! I love the subtle romance, too!
Deborah @ Hills of Books says
Ah, Graceling is such an amazing book, loved it so much and have re-read an unmentionable number of times since! Wasn’t a great fan of the sequel/prequel though (they were ok but not amazing) I think I got too attached to the main characters in Graceling!
The Winner’s Curse is on my TRB shelf and now that the third book is released soon I think I shall just binge read all three. The Forbidden Wish has been on my to-buy list since I found out about it a few months ago I love the idea of the storyline, I look forward to reading your thoughts on it!
Deborah @ Hills of Books recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #3 – Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven’t Talked About Enough
OMG YES! I started reading Fire, the second book but I ended up DNFing it because I just wasn’t interested or invested enough. Maybe Bitterblue is different? I love her character in Graceling!
The Forbidden Wish is just DARLING! I love Alladin and Zahra!!
Deborah @ Hills of Books says
I plodded through Bitterblue a few years ago and I honestly don’t remember much of what happens in it other than – as the title- suggest is focused on Bitterblue’s story with not enough of Katsa to keep me happy.
Deborah @ Hills of Books recently posted…Waiting on Wednesday #13 – Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
Oh! That sucks! I LOVE KATSA AND PO!!!
Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews says
I still need to read These Broken Stars, Winner’s Curse AND Graceling can you imagine?! And the worst is I own a copy of ALL of those so I have NO excuse! I really want to get to them soon, I’ve heard so many good things 😀 Awesome picks^^x
Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #39
Thanks! Yes, I absolutely loved Graceling and These Broken Stars!
Lover Of Romance says
Great list of historical romances…so many authors I love. Shana Galen is so fun to read. I do like Kat Martin as well. I am unsure if I have read Lions and Lace though….might have to get that one.
Lions and Lace is a pretty old book. I think pubbed in the early 90s. My original copy is sooo battered by the way but I managed to find a new copy on Amazon! YAY amazon!
Cyn @ Book Munchies says
Awesome list! I’m sooooo excited for The Winner’s Kiss!
The Forbidden is on my TBR, I’m just waiting for school to die down to read it! And I love the Starbound series!
I’m totally loving the new Sarah MacLean series, but that was a good one, too! Oh man, A Battle of Love looks so epic! I don’t usually read the older HR, but I might need to check that out, haha. Great post, Zee!
PS. Are you still having problems posting at Bookmunchies?
Cyn @ Book Munchies recently posted…Review: The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
I don’t read much of the older/bodice ripper HRs because I fell in love with Regency, but A Battle for Love isn’t a bodice ripper and I read it years and years ago!
BTW, I found out how to override the comment error on your blog! I had this happen in a few WP blogs, too. This happens when I’m logged in to WP (for some reason), but if I manual enter my info, the comment goes through fine. Weird!