I really don’t know how to review this book. I initially borrowed it because I was intrigued by the premise – the heroine is a daughter of a Fallen Angel and a Guardian Angel and falls in love with a son of a Fallen Angel. Sadly, I was wrong. Let me start by enumerating the things that I didn’t like about this book.
- Anna Whit was sickeningly sweet. Okay, so just because you were a daughter of a Guardian Angel doesn’t mean that you have to be a goody-two-shoes and one really really sweet that it borders on annoyance?! Heck, she was also a daughter of a Fallen Angel so that should negate some of her goodness, right? Anyway, I just saw her as too perfect to be a real person and a teenager at that.
- Stepmom, Patti is very concerned about daughter but then allows said daughter to go on a road trip with certified bad boy. I mean, Patti is a stickler for propriety BUT she allowed her daughter to go on a road trip WITHOUT chaperone with her underage daughter and she warns the boy to keep her virtue intact? There is definitely something wrong with that.
- Anna was just annoying as hell. Yes, she really was. When she was playing bad, I didn’t see her as bad. Her antics was just cringe worthy.
- Kaidan Rowe. Yes, I admit he is described as a hunk and is very dreamy. But please, he goes out and gets laid every freaking night with a different girl just because he has to do his job as the son of the Lord of Seduction (or Lord of Sex or something) while he is falling for Anna?! I find that really offensive. There were quite a few times where Anna caught him with another girl and despite being hurt she just shrugs it off.
- Kaidan is an emancipated minor. Riiiight.
All in all, I had a hard time finishing the book but because I was listening to it, I was able to tune out the boring stuff.
Narrated by Erin Mallon, I found the book uninteresting. The Southern accent that she used for Anna was annoying as hell. But then again, Anna was annoying as hell, so I really can’t blame the narrator for that, right? Unfortunately, I wasn’t hooked, her reading apart from Anna’s accent was okay. I was able to finish the audiobook, though so that is a plus.
Leave a Reply