Featuring our favorite romance book bloggers!
Happy Wednesday, Wormies! Welcome to another Read a Romance Blog feature! Today, we’re featuring Beth @ B and Her Books!
Read a Romance Blog series is a feature on this blog showcasing book bloggers that primarily review romance.
About the Romance Blogger
Where You Can Find Me
First Romance Book I Read
The first romance novel I distinctly remember the title of is The Jacaranda Tree by Rebecca Brandewyne. I stole it from the treasure trove of books under my mom’s bed. I also have distinct memories of reading Prisoner of My Desire by Johanna Lindsey and Betrayed by Bertrice Small. I was like 11 or 12.
Ezrah: I love how almost every romance reader started reading adult romance when they were very young! I was also 11 when I picked up my very first Harlequin Historical.
Favorite Romance Genre/s
I love Contemporary and Historical romances best!
Ezrah: Historical Romance will always have a special place n my heart!
Favorite Romance Trope/s
Enemies to lovers, second-chance, marriage in trouble, fake dating, only one bed, I have so many!
Ezrah: Enemies to lovers and second-chance romance is one of my favorites, too!
Top Auto-buy Authors
|Sarah MacLean||Kate Clayborne||Talia Hibbert||Tessa Bailey||Alyssa Cole|
Ezrah: I’ve met Sarah MacLean, Tessa Bailey, and Alyssa Cole! I still need to read Kate Clayborn and Talia Hibbert!
Top Romance Books You Highly Recommend
- Layover by Katrina Jackson, a perfect novella.
- Managed by Kristen Callihan (VIP series #2) – delicious unwinding of a tightly wound and starchy hero by a free spirit
- Dalliances & Devotion by Felicia Grossman – Seemingly shallow society girl finds love with her childhood sweetheart after he realizes she has always loved him, despite her many marriages and “scandalous” behavior.
- Hate to Want You by Alisha Rai – a perfect enemies to lovers second chance romance.
- Reverb by Anna Zabo, lead singer falls for her bodyguard
Ezrah: It looks like I have a few books to add to my TBR! Haaalp!
Top Romance Series You Recommend
- Chance of a Lifetime series by Kate Clayborn, Luck of the Draw (#2). My go-to comfort reads and absolute perfection on audiobook
- The Dreamers series by Adriana Herrera, especially American Fairytale (#2)
- The Walshes by Kate Canterbary, The Spire (#6) is my favorite. It has an unusual plot structure and you MUST read all the books in the series in order.
- Eastside Brewery series by Mia Hopkins, Thirsty (#1) is one of the few male-only 1st person POV stories I’ve read and it is amazing
- Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole. I fell in love with this series only be reading and listening along with the Fated Mates podcast! #9 Demon from the Dark is perhaps my favorite? It is so hard to say!
Ezrah: I met Mia Hopkins a couple of weeks ago! Thirsty was really an awesome male-only first person POV!
Favorite Quote from a Romance Book
Hattie Sedly had learned something else in her twenty-eight years, three hundred and sixty-four days. If a woman had a problem, it was best she solve it herself.
Brazen and the Beast by Sarah MacLean
Favorite Thing About the Romance Community
The Romance Community is like nothing else I’ve ever been a part of. I only recently started engaging online and there’s no gatekeeping, just an overall sense of joy in the genre and joy when new readers discover old favorites or vice versa. It truly has been a light in my life.
Ezrah: Same! I really love interacting with other romance readers! It used to be really lonely as a romance reader because I didn’t know anyone who read the same books I read!
Romance Myth that You Hate
I detest that people consider reading romance a “guilty pleasure.” Reading romance is READING. It can be a comfort, but it should not make you feel guilty!
Ezrah: Yes! I was one of those people who called romance a “guilty pleasure” but then, I also don’t feel guilty reading romance! I have since dropped that term and embrace romance as my go-to and priority read.
Another fabulous post! Thanks for sharing these, you can never have too many friends in Romancelandia.
I’m totally with you on the guilty pleasure thing. Reading romance is a pleasure, never a guilty one!
Rowena recently posted…The Wednesday Post (21)
Amber Elise @ Du Livre says
I’m trying to make my way back to historical romance! I’ve heard wonderful things about Felicia Grossman.
I haven’t read any of her recs so I have some books to check out!
Samantha recently posted…If You Say So by Lani Lynn Vale