Last month on I Heart Romance & YA
Happy February, Wormies! Welcome to my January Wrap Up post! A lot of things happened to me in late 2017 and early 2018. Yes! That was a CRAZY January people! I’m not someone who likes to talk about what happened to me personally on my blog because a lot of eyes are reading my blog (ehemm). Well, eyes that I don’t want to know, anyway. But let’s just say it was crazy and I was anxious and I was just CRAZY!
January Wrap Up
- I was in a mini book slump that I quickly got over, which was such a relief! I mean, I was jumping from one book to the next and I couldn’t imagine ver finishing a book!
- I finished 12 books this month, which was a surprise (see above).
- I bought a bazillion books for only $2!
- I blogged A LOT, too! Which is awesome!
- Then there was that something private that happened so…
- I also upped my Bookstagram game! I hope to post there regularly so fingers crossed!??
- And then another EXCITING plan that my IRL besties and I are brainstorming on… more info about this later! ☺️
- Also, did anybody notice that I posted a December 2018 wrap-up post?!!! I noticed it a few days AFTER my post went live and it was a little bit embarrassing! I have corrected it BUT saved a screengrab of the title for posterity!
I discovered that rereads are counted twice on Goodreads? All I know is that I finished reading 12 books this month but the screenshot is showing 14? And coincidentally, I reread 2 books so…
Anyway, if you are a fan of graphs, here is my challenge graph! (I love graphs, btw).
Simply Irresistible by Rachel Gibson was an awesome read! Sure, it was published in 1999 BUT OMG! Read this for the nostalgia! Also, Lexie has her own book! My review will go live on Friday, so stay tuned!
[wrap-up-posts date=”January 2018″ category=”Reviews” listtype=”ul”]
[wrap-up-posts date=”January 2018″ notin=”Reviews” listtype=”ul”]
I am beside myself! I can’t WAIT to read Hello Stranger! I NEED this book yesterday!
I watched A LOT of television this month. Uhmm… I actually subscribed to HBO that’s why I watched a lot of shows. But I will probably unsubscribe after this month. I just wanted to see Split and Everything, Everything. It was cheaper to subscribe to HBO for a month compared to renting each movie.
Harry Potter Marathon
I love binge watching the Harry Potter series and I did watch this over a couple of weeks! As of writing this post, I am already on The Deathly Hallows Part 2.
- I finally watched a few documentaries and Bright Lights with Debbie and Carrie was so sweet and heartwarming, and damn so funny! Hollywood really lost an awesome duo in them.
- Spielberg was an awesome glimpse into Steven Spielberg and the awesome movies he made. WOW! I was also brought back to my childhood when they showed E.T. and of course Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, and Schindler’s List. To be honest I haven’t seen Jaws yet.
- Split was OMG! WOW! I am just super glad that I watched the movie referenced in that twist in the end because I got it! Otherwise, I would have been in the dark! I’m going to let Pierre see [spoiler]Unbreakable[/spoiler] before watching Split.
- Everything, Everything was sweet and whoever designed that house is AMAZING because I sooo want to live in that house. I mean the interior design was on point! And the romance didn’t hurt, too.
- I rewatched Logan and Lego Batman and I still enjoyed both.
- Indictment is why I love to watch courtroom dramas. This movie was riveting and just disturbing.
Do you like to talk about personal stuff on your blog?
How did your January go? Did you have a #epicfail moment like I did?
Share your January craziness below!
Wow what a great month!! I arrived home yesterday to find a copy of Hello Stranger on my doorstep! I just keep staring at it!! Its so pretty. I am diving in this weekend for sure.
Samantha recently posted…Wicked Charm by Amber Hart #Interview #Excerpt #Giveaway
I am definitely JEALOUS! I still haven’t gotten my copy! ?
Looks like you are making great progress on your goals. I’ve been in such a reading slump lately, but GoodReads says I’m two books ahead so maybe I’m not doing so bad?
Terri recently posted…Discover a New Book: The Salt Line by Holly Goddard Jones
I thought I was in a reading slump, too! Good luck, Terri! Goodreads knows EVERYTHING! LOL
Yeah it counted a reread for me twice too. But you can correct it to where the dates are and remove one of them. That will correct in your reading challenge as well.
Sounds like you had a pretty good reading month.
Well, the reason why I don’t want to remove the other dates is that I want to know how many times I reread a book and when. Thanks for the tip, though! ☺️
I read Simply Irresistible about 2 years ago. I liked it. It’s fun for me to read the older romance novels, because I can pick out the throwback references. I thought the film adaptation of Everything, Everything was pretty good. The house was amazing and the wardrobe person should get a lot of credit for how they dressed the teen stars. The costuming was fabulous. I loved the ending, when they were running down the street, all I kept thinking about was how beautiful they both looked with their hair flowing behind them. =)
Sam@WLABB recently posted…Sundays with Sam – The Sunday Post
YES! OMG! Can I HAVE THE HOUSE, though! And of course, the wardrobe was on point!
There have been a couple WWW or Blogger Hop posts lately that I’ve had the wrong date on. I think there were two, and I realized it days later when I paid attention to the post title. You’re making good progress on your goals!
LOL I always get anxious when I see something wrong on my blog posts! Urrghh!!!
Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks says
I’ve done that ‘wrong month name’ thing once as well, and the worst bit is that I didn’t notice and fix it till it was a few months later xD whoops… Hilarious.
Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks recently posted…January stats Fever!
That has happened to me a few times, too! ?
Lol I’ve had a couple slip ups like that! I noticed Goodreads counted one of my re-reads for the same year twice but I was able to correct the date and now it was correct to the right one. It was a bit of a pain TBH but you can add dates to it so that way it shows correctly. I post some of my personal but not a whole lot. I keep it kinda minimal like I don’t go into a whole lot of detail. I recorded Everything, Everything but I haven’t had a chance to watch it. I’m not really a movie type of a person so who knows when I’ll get to it.
I hope you have a wonderful February!
Tina recently posted…Monthly Wrap Up | January 2018
Hi Tina! Thanks for stopping by! I have dates on there and one of the dates was a couple of years ago, so I don’t understand why it’s showing in the 2018 books read preview, but it doesn’t actually count it towards the books read, KWIM?
I watch a lot of movies while blogging… so it actually helps me a lot!
Aj @ Read All The Things! says
A bazillion books for only $2 would be dangerous because I’d end up with 50 bazillion books. I hope you’re having a great February!
Aj @ Read All The Things! recently posted…Discussion: A Brief List Of Oddities Discovered Inside Used Books
I know, right? And also… this would mean I need like 50 more bazillion rooms to hold all my books! ?
Cee Arr says
You gotta love Lego Batman! 😉 And OMG Logan!!!!! My feels!!!!! (Lol.)
Cee Arr recently posted…Friday Fics Fix – Dumbledore is Gay. Dumbledore is Gay. Dumbledore. Is. Gay. Deal With It.
Congrats on your goals and so many ideas for books for me to add to my TBR pile. Now if I could only find some time!
Thank you, Nikki!
Danielle Hammelef says
Great month of reading for you! And that library book haul–amazing! I wish my library would offer this too.
Thanks, Danielle! I love going to library book sales!