Last month on I Heart Romance & YA
Happy February, Wormies! Welcome to my January Wrap Up post! A lot of things happened to me in late 2017 and early 2018. Yes! That was a CRAZY January people! I’m not someone who likes to talk about what happened to me personally on my blog because a lot of eyes are reading my blog (ehemm). Well, eyes that I don’t want to know, anyway. But let’s just say it was crazy and I was anxious and I was just CRAZY!
January Wrap Up
- I was in a mini book slump that I quickly got over, which was such a relief! I mean, I was jumping from one book to the next and I couldn’t imagine ver finishing a book!
- I finished 12 books this month, which was a surprise (see above).
- I bought a bazillion books for only $2!
- I blogged A LOT, too! Which is awesome!
- Then there was that something private that happened so…
- I also upped my Bookstagram game! I hope to post there regularly so fingers crossed!??
- And then another EXCITING plan that my IRL besties and I are brainstorming on… more info about this later! ☺️
- Also, did anybody notice that I posted a December 2018 wrap-up post?!!! I noticed it a few days AFTER my post went live and it was a little bit embarrassing! I have corrected it BUT saved a screengrab of the title for posterity!
I discovered that rereads are counted twice on Goodreads? All I know is that I finished reading 12 books this month but the screenshot is showing 14? And coincidentally, I reread 2 books so…
Anyway, if you are a fan of graphs, here is my challenge graph! (I love graphs, btw).
Simply Irresistible by Rachel Gibson was an awesome read! Sure, it was published in 1999 BUT OMG! Read this for the nostalgia! Also, Lexie has her own book! My review will go live on Friday, so stay tuned!
[wrap-up-posts date=”January 2018″ category=”Reviews” listtype=”ul”]
[wrap-up-posts date=”January 2018″ notin=”Reviews” listtype=”ul”]
I am beside myself! I can’t WAIT to read Hello Stranger! I NEED this book yesterday!
I watched A LOT of television this month. Uhmm… I actually subscribed to HBO that’s why I watched a lot of shows. But I will probably unsubscribe after this month. I just wanted to see Split and Everything, Everything. It was cheaper to subscribe to HBO for a month compared to renting each movie.
Harry Potter Marathon
I love binge watching the Harry Potter series and I did watch this over a couple of weeks! As of writing this post, I am already on The Deathly Hallows Part 2.
- I finally watched a few documentaries and Bright Lights with Debbie and Carrie was so sweet and heartwarming, and damn so funny! Hollywood really lost an awesome duo in them.
- Spielberg was an awesome glimpse into Steven Spielberg and the awesome movies he made. WOW! I was also brought back to my childhood when they showed E.T. and of course Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, and Schindler’s List. To be honest I haven’t seen Jaws yet.
- Split was OMG! WOW! I am just super glad that I watched the movie referenced in that twist in the end because I got it! Otherwise, I would have been in the dark! I’m going to let Pierre see [spoiler]Unbreakable[/spoiler] before watching Split.
- Everything, Everything was sweet and whoever designed that house is AMAZING because I sooo want to live in that house. I mean the interior design was on point! And the romance didn’t hurt, too.
- I rewatched Logan and Lego Batman and I still enjoyed both.
- Indictment is why I love to watch courtroom dramas. This movie was riveting and just disturbing.
Do you like to talk about personal stuff on your blog?
How did your January go? Did you have a #epicfail moment like I did?
Share your January craziness below!