Last month on I Heart Romance & YA
March is here, wormies! By the way, welcome to my February Wrap Up post! I am SUPER excited for March because March marks our 10-year Anniversary! Wow! I can’t believe we have been together for over 10 years now!
Also, I finally ventured out of my cave and spent time out of the house during the weekend! I tend to hibernate during winter and Southern California has been freezing so… I never went out! But, I had to for a couple of reasons (mentioned below).
February Wrap Up
- My besties and I started a blog, We Three Fiends! Come say hi! I tell you co-blogging with my friends is so much fun! We have been friends since elementary school, some even longer and we even live in different countries! It’s a challenge, but still an awesome experience!
- One of the most exciting things I did in February was FINALLY visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I had so much fun! Seriously, Pierre was not having a blast as I did but I am still happy that he indulged my wishes! Also BUTTERBEER!
- I have been under the weather for a few days this month and I have been super exhausted at night! To the point where I actually fell asleep while reading and I am quite thankful that I have a Kindle Paperwhite otherwise, my old Ipad would have smacked me in the face. ??
- I also had high tea at Madeline Garden in Pasadena last Saturday and it was an experience! We went for my co-worker’s Bridal shower and I made a few favors! It was a last minute thing and I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Also, I am now obsessed with scones and clotted cream! I. WANT. THEM. NOW!
Goodreads finally fixed it and my GR overview is now showing the correct number of books! It also looks like I have been reading kinda meh books since a majority of them are rated 3 stars. But I also like that there have only been 3 books that I DNF’d since January! As a contrast, I only rated one new book 5 stars, the other 3 books were re-reads! It kinda looks like that I am now getting more stingy in giving 5 stars. Maybe…
True to You is the first book I read by Jennifer Ryan and OMG how EMOTIONAL was it?! I can’t get enough of her writing! I am definitely looking at her backlist books to check out!
[wrap-up-posts date=”February 2018″ category=”Reviews” listtype=”ol”]
[wrap-up-posts date=”February 2018″ notin=”Reviews” listtype=”ol”]
March is the month with TWO book-to-movie adaptations and I CAN’T WAIT!
- I can’t wait to see how Disney adapted A Wrinkle in Time! I first read this book when I was in third grade and OMG! Did you see the trailer? The colors are AMAZING! I am so excited!
- Ready Player One is one book that I will read AFTER I see the movie! For some reason, I don’t want to be spoiled before watching the movie. I just KNOW this movie is going to be fantastic!
- Tomb Raider looks like it’s going to be a disappointment BUT it feels more like the game than Angelina Jolie’s version so I’m adding it to my must-see movies for March.
I didn’t renew my HBO subscription this month so I didn’t watch a lot of new movies. There wasn’t a lot of movies that I wanted to see in the theaters, but I am excited for more Blockbuster movies that are coming soon!
From the Theaters
- Black Panther WAS AMAZING! I will be seeing it again when Pierre comes home in a couple of weeks! OMG! I LOVE Shuri and Okoye! WOW! And I can’t believe Ryan Coogler is YOUNGER than me!
- Death Cure wasn’t as good as I thought it would be, but it wasn’t too bad. I was cheering when [spoiler]Teresa died because she was unlikeable AF! [/spoiler]
- You guys, I found a new amazing series to binge – The Frankenstein Chronicles is an amazing period mystery thriller series! OMG! This is the first time I saw a series featuring Bow Street Runners! Eeep! I am a sucker for Bow Street Runners as evidenced by my love for historical romance featuring Bow Street Runners! Also, this stars SEAN BEAN!
- I am FINALLY on season 2 of Blacklist and WOW! What a revelation!
Did you guys do something special for Valentine’s Day?
Are you excited to see the three new movies I mentioned above? Did you see Black Panther? Wasn’t it AMAZEBALLS?!
What series do you love to binge?
Aj @ Read All The Things! says
Happy anniversary! I really want to go to Harry Potter world someday. It looks like a unique experience. I hope you have a great March!
Aj @ Read All The Things! recently posted…Giveaway: Win A Book Of Your Choice From Book Depository!
It was fun! I hope you get to visit it soon! The one in Orlando is bigger, though!
Joann Downie says
WOW I sooo envy you, getting to vist the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and having high tea, had to be fantastic!! I love the Ron Weasley Funko!! I definitely plan on reading Lorraine Heath and more Julia Quinn, in fact I have Romancing Mr. Bridgerton in my tbr pile, and the 2nd of the Bridgerton series books that I have read. What a month, I hope you are feeling better now!!
I love Ron Weasley! I have 2 Funkos of him! ❤️ If you get a chance, Lorraine Heath’s Scoundrels of St. James series is amazing! High tea was delish!
Frozen butterbeer is really one of the best things ever. Wow! You are contributing to two blogs. I don’t know how you do it. You’re awesome.
Sam@WLABB recently posted…Blog Tour: This Tiny Perfect World – Lauren Gibaldi
Hi, Sam! I only write one post a week on my other blog which really helps. There is 3 of us contributing so we post 3 times a week. Not bad, actually! We are three busy friends who decided to do this for us. We actually started a review blog in 2008. LOL
Congratulations!! Happy Anniversary!!! I would love to visit Harry Potter’s Wizarding World. I’ll have to check out your blog with your friends. I’m the same way in the winter. I totally hibernate. I hope you have a great March!
Thanks, Charlie! We’ve only posted for a couple of weeks now and we are having fun!
Awesome wrap up! <3
Also, I love your photos in this post so much!
Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/
Megan recently posted…Spring Reads
thank you, Megan!