Hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner
Number Of Books You Read: 103
Number of Re-Reads: 11
Genre You Read The Most From: Surprisingly it is Young Adult! I say that is a surprise because last year, I mostly read Historical Romance.
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
How can you make me choose?! So, I will pick top 3 instead
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Illuminae (see above) was the first book that I read in that format and I thought I wouldn’t like it – but I did!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I recommended to a couple of friends Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost and they loved it!
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
- Best Series: I picked up The Night Huntress novels this year (I know, I’m late to the game) and I wasBLOWN AWAY!
- Best Series Ender: That would have to be hands down WINTER because it was just amazing. It really wrapped things up very well for all our favorite characters.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Jeaniene Frost wins this hands down. I binge read all her books (Night Huntress, Night Prince, Night Huntress Word, Broken Destiny) this year!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I think that would be Unearthly, Hallowed & Boundless by Cynthia Hand. I hardly read YA Paranormal with Angels, but this series worked and I actually finished the whole series!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The first two books in The Night Huntress novels: Halfway to the Grave, One Foot in the Grave all by Jeaniene Frost Do you see a trend here?
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Winter and Illuminae and Halfway to the Grave.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Oh my gosh, do not make me choose! I actually write about eye-catching covers a few months back so you can take a look at that. This year, though, I would have to say it would be Winter and Crimson Bound.
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. Because BLUE hair! Or chimera. Of Madrigal. If you’ve read it, you know what I mean.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
I think The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey wins this for me. I love the multiple POVs and the voices of each of the characters.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
I can’t think of any right now. I know, I’m lazy like that.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
So. I will admit that I don’t highlight or even take note of any quotes that I come across so I can’t think of anything right now. BUT hopefully, this will change this year. *wink
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Longest Book was Winter at 824 pages and the shortest was Lady Waverly’s Lovers: Part One by Jess Michaels
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. I mean that backstory with Madrigal and Akiva?!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Cress and THORNE from Cress and Winter; & Kady and EZRA from Illuminae! Oh and if you’re wondering, I also have a list of book boyfriends this year.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Karou and Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke & Bone takes this award!
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously:
When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
I had heard a lot of great things about Legend by Marie Lu and I was really surprised that I loved the series!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Ezra Mason from Illuminae. I mean, same name here!
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
I think The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel is the only debut I read this year.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Illuminae wins this hands down! And I mean read the physical book because man the format is just out of this world (see the pun here)!
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Because I keep mentioning Illuminae, I will not pick that as a choice for this item but I will say that this is the most fun book and audiobook I read at the same time!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I tear up at the oddest times and usually it’s when I’m reading a historical romance. LOL
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey really spoke to me for some reason.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
I just have to say it. ILLUMINAE!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost really made me mad, because I wanted to like it.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
One of the favorite blogs I found this year was A Book Addicts Guide by Brittany. I mean, have you seen her bookish infographics?!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
I did a new format for reviewing and I also added a Skinny Review on my new reviews for those who don’t want to read the whole posts. I would say Illuminae was one of my favorite reviews to write and to format.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I had fun writing the Books That Would Be On My Syllabus If I Taught: Survive the Apocalypse 101 which is a Top Ten Tuesday post.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I only went to two signing this year so the best would be the Illuminae tour with Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
I think the best/worst thing that happened to me was getting my blog hacked. Because of that, I restructured and restyled my blog, and through that, I rediscovered the book blogging community and made some new friends! yay!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
There was a point in my life where I wanted to give up blogging. I went through a pretty long blogging slump that I wish didn’t happen. I guess that comes with me blogging by myself and not even engaging other bloggers in the community.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My blog crashed in November and I lost all my stats now 🙁
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I wish there was more love given to my Books That Would Be On My Syllabus If I Taught: Survive the Apocalypse 101 post.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
This year I finally joined The Broke and the Bookish Secret Santa! I really had fun and I almost did not get the email letting me know who by secret Santa was! But the best bookish discovery this year would have to be the #OTSPSecretSister project by the gals on the same page!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
At the beginning of the year, I didn;t set any real goals for myself. I joined a few challenges but again because of my blogging slump, I did not update them as much as I liked. I was able to read 103 books this year, though.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
I am excited to read A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I already got the book!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Heartless by Marissa Meyer which is a retelling of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland!
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
I’m really excited to read The Last Star by Rick Yancey! It’s the last book in The 5th Wave trilogy.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
Definitely, make new friends! Hit me up everyone!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I have quite a few ARCs but I haven’t read them yet! Still catching up on my December 2015 releases!
Did you join Jamie’s End of the Year Survey? Share your links below!
Leave a Reply