What is in a name
that which we call a rose
Hello, everyone, my name is Ezrah. That’s EzraH with an H (added to make it “look” female). It’s also the 15th book in the Old Testament and yes, I have often been mistaken for male. For some reason, people immediately forget my name, hence, my friends call me Zr, which I later changed to Zeee. I am also a quarter Chinese so my name in Chinese calligraphy is 司徒燕燕 (wherein the last 2 characters is my name). And since I’m also Filipino, my nickname is Yan Yan (my Chinese name). Whew! That’s a lot. Let’s get to know each other! Read more about me here.
Where in the world
am I blogging from
I’m blogging for sunny Southern California! No geo-tracking please! *wink But I was born and raised in the Philippines.
Why is your blog called
I Heart Romance & YA
My blog was originally called I Heart Romance because I love historical romance, my favorite genre. Three years ago, I read this little book called These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner and was HOOKED to YA! I’ve already been a fan of Harry Potter (MG) but after reading Twilight (ehhh), I had abandoned YA for a few years. Anyway, because I also post YA reviews and mostly fangirl about YA books, I decided to add YA to my blog title. 🙂
These are my
As mentioned above, I love historical romance so you will find a lot of HR reviews on this here blog. I mostly read Regency and Victorian romance so you will find a lot of that here.
My second love would be YA so you will find a mishmash of YA sub-genres. I mostly read dystopian, sci-fi and fantasy YA so you will hardly find any contemps at all.
or not to post
I wish I were as creative as a lot of the bloggers so I don’t have a lot of neat features on my blog. But I do Top Ten Tuesdays a lot because LISTS! I also have the Book vs Movie feature where I compare the books I read to the movie adaptation that I saw. Bookish Discussions is where I talk about anything bookish! And lastly, I had the Hubby Reads feature (trying to revive this but Pierre is not cooperating) where I force Pierre to read YA books. He has not been cooperating the last year or so because of anime and he hasn’t been reading. I honestly have been trying to
force encourage him to read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, but he has been dragging his feet.
ARCs I want
to get my hands on
I’m picking 5 ARCs that I want soooo bad.
- Wink Pippy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke – I don’t know what this is about but I LOVE the title and the cover!
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury – Alladin retelling and jinni!
- Ruined by Amy Tintera – Fantasy, magic, and murder!
- Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge – Romeo and Juliet retelling.
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff – female ASSASSIN!
on my TBR pile
These books have been on my radar for a while now. And the first one I’m reading is Queen of Shadows!
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken – time travel…. and did you see the BOOK TRAILER?!
- These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas – Historical + YA – my two favorite genres +++ XMEN!
- The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine – another Snow White retelling!
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman – Historical + YA + DEMON HUNTER! eeep!
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas – I AM TOTALLY OBSESSED BY THIS SERIES!
with my book BFFs
I recently blogged about my two BFFs here. Oh yeah, and it involves CAKE!
I’d fall for
I did a Top Ten list of MCs I’d want to date. Ehemmm one has the same name as I do! But I’ll list down 5!
- Ezra Mason (Illuminae)
- Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles)
- Crispin “Bones” Russell (Night Huntress Novels)
- Tarver James Merendsen (These Broken Stars)
- Chaol Westall (Throne of Glass Series) * New addition to the list because OMG!
With me till the end
Obviously, I would DIE when I’m unleashed in the post-apocalyptic world, but I’d rather die with these people on my side!
- Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead) – Good with a crossbow, HOT
- Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass) – assassin, good in hand to hand combat, [spoiler]Fae, FIRE power[/spoiler]
- Linh Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles) – cyborg, Princess of Luna, mechanic
- Carswell Thorne (The Lunar Chronicles) – mechanic, hilarious (we need fun during these times), HOT!
- Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) – kick-ass female, THE Mockingjay
My other amusements
when my nose is not stuck in a book
(images, except for the 3rd, link to Instagram)
- Coloring – believe it or not, I color while watching TV!
- Sharpie Mugs – after a few trials, I’ve finally made a successful sharpie mug and gave some away to my coworkers last Christmas!
- Digital Scrapbooking – I hardly scrap anymore but I used to love it! I still feed my crafty side by creating flipbooks!
- Photography – I haven’t been doing this much, but I LOVE macro photography!
This is my
I’m more of a 90s kid so I tend to love more 90s songs. BUT I’ll list 6 songs that I absolutely LOVE!
- Symphony of Destruction . Megadeth
- Lightning Crashes . Live
- Another Day . Dream Theater
- Her Name is Alice . Shinedown
- Thinking Out Loud . Ed Sheeran
- Forever . Papa Roach
If I had millions
my library would be
Have tea with me, please
Sarah J. Maas
BECAUSE I AM TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH THE THRONE OF GLASS SERIES!
Let’s get to know each other my dahlings! Link me up to your Love-a-Thon Questionnaire!